Monday, May 25, 2009

A day to remember...




I am thankful that we have a day set aside in this great nation to honor those who have kept us safe and free. Those who died in the service of our country and those who served and were able to return safely to their loved ones. These pictures are of our little cemetery, 'the hill' some call it. You can't tell in these pictures, but there are flags on all the veterans graves. The flags dotted the place, reminding me of the brave ones who left this little valley to serve their country so that I might enjoy my peace and comfort here at home. Oh how I love them for that!

6 comments:

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi June,
I sooo agree with you!! My heart goes out to all of those who have, or are currently serving our country and their families too!

I hope you're enjoying the day!
Did you get your honey do list all done?!

Hugs, Sherri:)

Sandi said...

Most definitely a day to remember. A beautiful post!
Blessings~

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Yep today is that day...thanks to them!
Thanks for taking us to "the hill"...the landscape is breathtaking!
everything vintage

Muggensteekjes said...

Hello dear June,
on the 4th of may we also remembered our veterans.Not only of the second world war but also for the ones who now have to fight in afganistan and lost their lives.We never forget that we can live in freedom because of those brave man and woman.
(I hope I didn't make to many mistakes in my English writing).
Have a lovely day,
dear hugs Ingrid.

kay said...

Such a beautiful post.
Most definately a day to remember all of those who have, and are currently serving in Afghanistan. Here in Australia we remember them on the 25th of April (ANZAC DAY) and also on the 11th of November (REMEMBERANCE DAY).
Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and lovely comments on my blog.
Lots of Love,
Kay xxxx

KeKe said...

It is defintely a day to remember and to keep in our hearts year round, lest we forget the tragedies bestwoed upon our country and fellow men, who died to ensure us our freedom!