Monday, July 6, 2009

Rebecca's...

This is Rebecca's little shop in Bellevue, and below is Rebecca's little cottage. This delightful place is only open on the 4th of July and Labor Day for about 4 day's. She serves everyone homemade cookies and lemonade in her beautiful yard. She makes the cookies herself and some of us would go just to get a taste of those. This is the best foraging experience I have all year. She has such lovely goods crammed in this little space. I had to take the pictures even before I could shop because if I hadn't, there wouldn't have been anything left to take pictures of. She opens at 10:00 am and there is always a line of us waiting to see what treasures she has found in her year of hunting and gathering. She never disappoints. It's always a lovely experience and she is the most gracious person you'll ever meet. I love to hear her chatting with her customers as they come through to pay for there treasures. She never gets to leave her post at the desk where she tallies up.
This is the lovely Rebecca herself.


I know my photos will not do justice to this fun little shop, but here goes. It was hard to get these shots, because there were so many people in this tiny space, however, everyone was so sweet to let me get my photos while they we trying to beat the next guy to the goods.

Here is some of the millinery that she has for us paw through.













This dear lady ( oh how I wish I would have gotten her name) makes the most beautiful lampshades and pillows in the shop. These are just a few of the pillows, below. The shades I am waiting to post for my 'White Wednesday'.











Some shots around the shop.
















I can't wait to show you all the lovely whites she had in her shop, on Wednesday.



The town that Rebecca's is in, is very small and is about 4 miles south of the town of Hailey. Hailey is 11 miles south of Sun Valley, the resort. The 4th of July in Hailey is a great time. There are antique markets and street sales. The parade is one of the highlights of the weekend, as is the rodeo, picnic in the park and the fireworks show at dark. My little town doesn't have anything going on for the fourth because we are just an extension of the whole valley here and consider Hailey's celebration ours as well. There is a wonderful sense of community in this whole area that we call the Wood River Valley. It's a wonderful place live and raise our families and enjoy our friendships.















16 comments:

joanne said...

It sounds magical! I can't wait for your Wednesday whites..;p

Anonymous said...

Oh... This little shop is a treasure trove of goodies. I'll bet it is SRO for the few days she is open!! Just looking at the photos you have here I know I could spend a King's Ransom in a very brief time!!
Great Post!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful place to shop. Theres alot of things there I would have loved to buy. I can't wait to see all her white for White Wednesday.

Connie said...

Hubs and I were up there several years ago on the 4th and they had a big flea market there also. I'd love to have known about this shop then but maybe we'll make it next 4th of july, sugar. Send me the address of the shop if you would, please. I love those unique pillows.
xoxo,
Connie

Carolyn said...

I love the linens in her shop.That sounds like a fun thing to do-collect pretty things all year and then sell it in one big sale. Maybe we should clean out our barn!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.The white blooms are snowball viburnum though-my hygrangeas aren't blooming yet either.We had a lot of rain last week and it is cooler too so I am hoping summer returns today.
Carolyn

Bonjade said...

Oh what a lovely things in this shop....
Just like we have gone back in time.......
Let's shop till we drop....
Nice day

Paula said...

Dear June,

I am so glad I found your lovely blog! Your home and garden are so beautiful!!!!

Thank you for sharing this lovely shop. It would be such fun to go there! I look forward to seeing the white things on Wednesday.


I hope you found some lovely things to bring home!

Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

I don't care how many times you wrap your wallet in rubber bands, money would find it's way out of it and into the hands of that wonderful lady. The bed is soo welcoming to me. I just want to crawl up into it and nap!! The jars too, love them.

Rebecca said...

Hello
Hey I found someone else who has 6 children, lol. 5 girls here and one boy and no the boy is in the middle...bless you.
Love the little shop--lucky you to be able to shop it.
Thanks for sharing
Rebecca

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe June...this is such a quaint little shop and I love the fact that you all have to "wait" to shop just on those particular days and she's closed throughout the rest of the year. I cannot wait to see your post about "White Wednesday"...thanks for giving us "Tempting Tuesday"!!!!
everything vintage

The Victorian Parlor said...

Oh what fun!!! I could have shopped all day in that place! I can't wait to see what you bought on White Wednesday:). Thanks for sharing such a fun place!

Blessings,

Kim

Muggensteekjes said...

Hello June,
oooh what a lovely little shop and I can see such wonderful things.Wish I could visit this place.And today it is wednesday, so I can see what lovely whites you are showing us.Can't wait....
Hugs, Ingrid.

One Shabby Old House said...

So what are you doing next 4th of July? lol Want to meet a new friend :) Omgoodness
I think I know what I want to do next year. That looked like so much fun!
Your family is precious. Your daughter is beautiful in that dress and the picture in the hammock wow....and your hubby will go to a barn dance!!!!!. Girl you have a wonderful life!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Very lovely. The thing I like most about blogs is I get to visit places that I would never otherwise get to see.

Paula said...

Hello again sweet June,

Thank you for your kind comment! I am so happy to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you better!

I am enjoying your lovely blog so much, and getting lots of inspiration for my home and garden! I am blessed by your sweet spirit!

Love, Paula

Bernideen said...

Whooo....this looks really fun!