Sunday, July 5, 2009

What I did this weekend...

The best thing that happened was a small picnic in the garden with the family. I had three daughters come home and all seven grandchildren. Two of my daughter's husbands were able to make it, but my dear husband had to work. The 4th is one of the busiest holidays for police officers. We gathered in the garden after attending the antique markets and the parade that are held in a neighboring town 30 miles from my home. We even got in a few yard sales.


Here is a very poor photo of six of my seven little sweethearts. The littlest was napping so couldn't make it in the picture.


And this is Haylee, daughter number four, modeling the vintage red dotted-swiss dress she bought at one of the markets. I call it her 'I Love Lucy' dress. Maddie was able to pose here in the gazebo with mommy.



One of the markets we attended.



The next few photos are of a booth of a friend of mine. Cathy owns a wonderful little boutique called 'Chic Antiques'. I love the jewelry she makes. These are some lovely cuffs that she created. So my style. I love the bling on these.



Some more necklaces that she created.





These next photos are of jewelry that she makes from the old typewriter keys. Cathy has a little of everything in her shop. She finds some of the neatest vintage items and every time I go to her shop it is a feast for the eyes.








That is a little bit of how I spent my weekend. I had a lovely time with my daughters. My oldest daughter Kim who has a band, was busy everyday and evening singing so I didn't get to see much of her. I missed every one of her performances this weekend. Bad, bad mom. I couldn't fit everything in with Landon and the little one's schedules. But my husband and I are going to a barn dance on the 11th and it is Kim's band performing, so I will be able to hear her wonderful voice then. Hubs and I love to western swing dance, so we will have a great time with her then.
I can't wait to show you 'Rebecca's' . It's an awesome sale that takes place only two times a year. It is a wonderful experience and I never miss it. The best vintage goodies ever. That will be my next post. Lots of pictures to share. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th.



17 comments:

Yvonne said...

Well you have had a great weekend !
picknick, antique market(s) and your beautiful! daughters and grandchildren at home
moments of joy !!! cozy and warm....
Have a nice and sunny week!
Hugs Yvonne

Muggensteekjes said...

Hello June,
I can see you all have had a great time together.Your daughter and grandchildren look so beautiful.Also love the jewelry you are showing,very pretty.
The last picture of my post weren't lilies but the flowers of the Hosta(I don't know the englisch name for this plant,sorry),
Hope you have a lovely week June,dear hugs,Ingrid.

Pink Princess said...

AAAWWW Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! And those grandkiddies are too cute! Love the Lucy dress, lol. So pretty.

Hugs from Marian

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Your grandkids looked so cute in the hammock. Your daughters I Love Lucy dress fit her to a T....she is so pretty. And the antique market looked like so much fun.....what a wonderful way to spend the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi June!!
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend inspite of your hubby's workload. You have a precious family!
I want to thank you for visiting my blog for the Give-Away..... I can't believe how many have signed up for it in about 24 hrs.!!
Take Care & have a wonderful day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Carolyn said...

What a nice weekend you had! Everything looks so pretty too.I love the chairs around your table.
Your lovely daughter looks so much like you.Sweet picture of all your grandchildren in the hammock too!
Take care,
Carolyn

Sandi said...

Hi June,
You have such a beautiful family! And that red dotted dress is just perfect!! I am headed over to your house right now for a picnic in the garden!! LOL Beautiful!!!!
Blessings~

Deedee said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, June. I LOVE the jewelry made from type-writer keys. Your babies are adorable-hope I am lucky enough to have grand-kids someday. Enjoy the barn dance...wish I could come and check out Kim's band!

Caroline said...

Great pictures June..your grandchildren are beautiful!..I love your table and how it is set up so pretty. Your friend is very talented at making jewellery..its gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Your friend is a very talented jewlery artist. Your g'children are all so handsome/pretty. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I know I would've. Family, shopping & what's to come. How fun.

Sandi said...

Hey June,
I had to reply to you this way since I don't have your email address...sorry!

The glue I use to adhere the magnet is called
E-60000. It is wonderful and you only need a little dab. You can get it at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and I even saw it last time I was at Walmart.(comes in a gray tube) Thanks for the kudos!!!!
Blessings~

Sandi said...

OH GOOD NIGHT...it is E-6000
one too many zeros on the last post! ROFL!

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi June!

So glad you had such a nice weekend! You all look like such a happy family.
I love your friends creations, and the way she has them displayed is really pretty!!

Have fun at the barn dance!!
Sherri:)

Unknown said...

This was a super fun weekend wasn't it! I know I had a great time and I appreciate you watching little man for me he really loves spending time with you. And of course the picnic was the best part with the food and how pretty it was. Thanks so much mom and I love you lots!
Ember

The Victorian Parlor said...

June,

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Your grandchildren are beautiful and your daughter looks adorable in the dress-what a fun find:).

Blessings,

Kim

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Wonderful glimpses. Thanks for sharing a sweet time. Blessings.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Oh my, love the BLING cuffs!